We will be having a large scheduled outage of the EECS network in order to physically relocate some core devices as Phase Three of a project to overhaul the EECS network core. This maintenance will occur between 10AM and 6PM on Saturday, March 29, 2014. We do not anticipate the outage to last for the full eight hours, but extra time has been allotted in case of complications.
Expected impacts of this outage include:
– Internet connectivity to all EECS Wired buildings* will be offline
– Soda Hall wired and wireless networking will be entirely offline
– BWRC will be isolated from EECS and unable to access the Internet or EECS network resources
– Wireless networking in EECS Airspace** will be unavailable (the networks will continue to be visible in some locations, however the underlying network services will be offline)
– EECS Wired buildings other than Soda Hall and BWRC should retain connectivity and access to EECS network resources (filers, AD, etc.), but to reiterate, the Internet connection will be unavailable.
We apologize for any inconvenience that this maintenance will cause. For any questions or concerns about the maintenance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you, IRIS Network Group
*EECS Wired buildings are Soda, Cory, and Sutardja Dai Halls, and the BWRC
**EECS Airspace includes Soda, Cory, Sutardja Dai, Calvin, and Blum Halls, as well as the Sibley Auditorium, Hearst Memorial Mining Building, and BWRC
[Read more…] about EECS Network Scheduled Outage on Mar. 29 2014