* **Network infrastructure** including wired and wireless networks and DHCP/DNS services will remain online (except in 290 Soda).
* **LDAP and Active Directory** authentication services will remain online.
* The **IRIS website** and portions of the department website including **personal homepages**, as well as other IRIS services that depend on file storage, will be shut down **starting at 11PM Tues. 7/31**.
* **Storage services**, including home and project file storage, will be shut down at **12 AM Wed. 8/1**.
* All services are scheduled to be **restored by 9AM Wed. 8/1**, but may be online earlier if maintenance is completed ahead of schedule.
As the IRIS website will be unavailable during this maintenance, https://status.eecs.berkeley.edu will be available for in-the-moment status updates.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
[2018-07-31 14:08:16 | Derek Calderon]
This is a reminder that many IRIS services including file storage services and Web sites will be offline tonight for maintenance. Machines which access the file servers may need to be rebooted after 9AM to clear any issues.
[2018-08-01 08:58:24 | Derek Calderon]
This maintenance has been completed and all services have been restored. If you notice any problems, please try rebooting the affected machines, and then email email@example.com if the issue continues after rebooting.
Our new UPS (battery backup) system is also online and working as expected (which was the purpose of this maintenance).
Resolved as of 2018-08-01 08:40:00