* Personal and Project web services (people.eecs, apps.eecs, and all IRIS-hosted project websites)
* Department mailing list services (lists.eecs.berkeley.edu)
* Department ftp server (ftp.eecs / ftp.cs.berkeley.edu)
* Department jabber/xmpp service (jabber.eecs.berkeley.edu)
* IRIS website (iris.eecs.berkeley.edu)
[2017-09-07 21:22:52 | Rob McNicholas]
After the update, one server would not reboot. It has been revived as of 8:35pm but because of this problem our FTP server (ftp.eecs.berkeley.edu and ftp.cs.berkeley.edu) was down from 6pm-8:35pm.
All other services were back up by 6:10pm.
We used this scheduled outage as an opportunity to test a new backup web server, which seemed to work as expected. All personal and project web pages were served by the new backup server while the primary web server was being restarted, and we did not have any loss of web service.
Resolved as of 2017-09-07 20:37:00