Jump to content.

FAQ/ Windows

Who do I call for help?

Always contact your system administrator first with any requests or problems.

If you do not have a system administrator or do not know who your system administrator is, then call the Helpdesk at 2-7777, or email them at help@eecs.

If you are your own system administrator, you should also contact the Helpdesk as described above.

If, given the above, you are still not sure what to do, you can choose from the following:

How do I change my password?

It is a good idea to change your password regularly (at least once every six months). To change your Windows password:

  1. Press the Control, Alt, and Delete keys simultaneously.
  2. Click Change Password
  3. Enter your current password in the Old Password field. Enter your new password in the New Password and Confirm New Password fields.

See also

How do I set my screen resolution?

If you find that you are unable to set your screen area higher than 800x600, Windows didn't know about your video card and you'll need to install the driver yourself. This is beyond the scope of this document; contact CUSG if you need assistance.

Who is my system administrator?

Your systems administrator is the person who is responsible for maintaining your computer. If you do not know who that person is, ask your advisor or supervisor. If you do not have a dedicated systems administrator, you can hire the Computer User Support Group to help you.

Services Status