IRIS Email Policy
The following policy governs UC Berkeley EECS domain CalMail accounts as managed by IRIS.
This document uses prescriptive keywords such as “MUST,” “MAY,” and “SHOULD” as defined in IETF RFC 2119.
Account Naming Policy
- An IRIS community member’s EECS CalMail account name MUST match their IRIS login name.
- If a new IRIS account holder does not create an EECS CalMail account within ten working days, IRIS MAY redirect email for that IRIS login to any non-EECS email address belonging to that individual.
- IRIS MAY rename (or redirect) an EECS CalMail account to ensure email addressed to an IRIS login reaches the correct person.
- This policy will be reviewed annually by IRIS.
- Updates to the email policy MUST be announced on the IRIS website.
- Comments regarding this policy may always be directed to
- UC Berkeley Campuswide IT Policy and Privacy
- UC Berkeley Implementation of the University of California Electronic Communications Policy
- UC Berkeley Campus Computer Use Policy
If you have have been informed that you are now authorized to create your EECS CalMail account please visit https://calmail.Berkeley.EDU. On the left side of the page under “Quick Links” click “Create Account,” choose “eecs.berkeley.edu,” and create the account for your IRIS login name.
Please resist the temptation to create an EECS CalMail account with a name different than your IRIS login name, even if the CalMail interfaces suggests something else, for example in if your CalNet ID and IRIS login do not match.
After you create your EECS CalMail account, you may use the “Manage Your Account” screen to create up to three aliases for your EECS CalMail account.
Please see the IRIS CalMail Migration FAQ for more information and links about the EECS CalMail services.
IRIS EECS CalMail Policy version 1.0, approved 2010/09/01
Last updated: $Date: 2012/08/10 18:36:47 $