The new EECS website was launched today. There is a home EECS page at eecs.berkeley.edu as well as division home pages at cs.berkeley.edu and ee.berkeley.edu. A few of the many improvements include:
* More modern and professional appearance
* Streamlined and consistent navigation
* Increased use of images across the site to emphasize the culture of EECS
* Clear, easy-to-find information for our current and potential industrial connections
* Content Management in Drupal so that content can be updated directly on the site
This has been a year-and-a-half-long project that started by selecting a vendor (Kalamuna) to manage the discovery, design, and implementation process. The previous site had grown organically to a considerable complexity and size, requiring a complete overhaul. A large portion of the work has been to trim down content that was redundant, obsolete, or unnecessary. We hope to foster continuous improvement with the new implementation. If you have feedback about content, navigation, or feel, please let us know at email@example.com
I’d like to thank several people for their Herculean efforts:
* Chairs Tsu-Jae, Mike, and Randy, for their vision, leadership, and for dedicating resources to make this project a priority.
* Jan Pardoe for leading the project and keeping the vendors busy at all times and within budget.
* Maggie Crowley for managing and adapting massive amount of content and creating new content where needed.
* All the department staff and everyone else who helped out with content in their areas. We couldn���t have done it without you.