Recent News Items:
- Cory Hall Network Outage, 10/26/21We are investigating a network outage affecting Cory Hall which began at about 8am. Update: The malfunctioning switch was repaired and service was restored as of 9:22 AM.
- Recommendation: Delay Upgrading to MacOS Monterey and Windows 11As with any major OS release, we recommend a cautious approach, especially where your primary device is concerned. Major releases often bring new compatibility or support issues, which may take some time for the vendor to address with patches and updates. Windows 11 was released recently, and MacOS Monterey is being released today, Monday, October […]
- Various Linux servers (login, dhcp, DNS, SMTP, NTP) downtime Tuesday October 19, 2021 06:30-07:45 amVarious Linux servers will be down for patching and needed reboots to activate changes delivered by some RHEL patches. login.EECS.Berkeley.EDU is scheduled for downtime from 6:30am to 7am. The departmental dhcp server is scheduled for downtime from 6:30am to 7am. cronus one of the departmental DNS and time servers is scheduled for downtime from 6:45am-7:00am. […]
- Linux Server Patching, Oct 14 5:30pmRoutine Red Hat Linux operating system patches have been released which require system reboots. Starting at 5:30pm Thursday, Oct 14th, IDSG will be patching and rebooting affected servers. The following services will experience brief outages of 10 minutes or less between 5:30pm and 6:30pm. * Department mailing list services (lists.eecs.berkeley.edu) * IRIS Roster/Network applications (iris2.eecs.berkeley.edu)
- October 2021 Windows Server PatchingMicrosoft will release their patches for the month on Tuesday, October 12th, 2021. PRINT, WINTERM and WDS will automatically patch and reboot Wednesday, October 13th, at 3:00 am. WINTERM may be unavailable till 10:00 am Wednesday, October 13th, depending on additional software updates.
Other Items of Note:
- Annual Laptop Season: IRIS Laptop Orders