Welcome to IRIS in EECS
Recent News Items:
- EECS-Secure Maintenance, 9/24 9PMAt 9PM on Saturday, September 24, we will be performing additional software updates on the EECS-Secure authentication server. EECS-Secure will be unavailable between 9PM and midnight on Saturday; all other wireless networks will continue to operate normally.
- Upcoming Change to EECS Firewall Handling of SSHOn December 19, 2022, IRIS will begin blocking incoming SSH connections from off-campus, except to those machines registered with IRIS as approved SSH servers. See https://iris.eecs.berkeley.edu/faq/security/ssh-server-configuration/ for details.
- EECS-Secure Maintenance, 9/21 9PMAt 9PM on Wednesday, September 21, we will be performing software updates on the EECS-Secure authentication server. As a result, EECS-Secure will be unavailable between 9 and 10 PM.
- September Windows Server PatchingMicrosoft will release their patches for the month on Tuesday, September 13th, 2022. PRINT, WINTERM and WDS will automatically patch and reboot Wednesday, September 14th, at 3:00 am. WINTERM may be unavailable till 10:00 am Wednesday, September 14th, depending on additional software updates.
- Wireless Network Maintenance, Fri. 9PM – Sat 7AMBetween 9PM Friday 9/2 and 7AM Sat 9/3, the wireless networks for all EECS buildings (except Calvin) will be migrated to a new set of campus wireless controllers, with the aim of reducing overall load on the campus wireless networks. During this time, there will be some interruptions to wireless networks in Soda, Cory, Sutardja […]
Other Items of Note:
- Annual Laptop Season: IRIS Laptop Orders