Configuration for EECS-Secure Wireless Network in Windows 10 using the built-in Windows wireless client.
- In the system tray, click on the wireless network icon.
- Select the
EECS-Securenetwork and click Connect.
- You may be alerted that the initial connection attempt could not be completed. Clicking on Details should display the certificate server clearpass.EECS.berkeley.EDU, clearpass-1.EECS.berkeley.EDU, or clearpass-2.EECS.berkeley.EDU with Root CA: Entrust.net Certification Authority (2048). Click the Connect button.
- In the following window, click on Enter/select additional log on information.
- In the Validate Server Certificate dialog, click OK.
- You may be prompted to enter your EECS Windows username and password.
- Your computer should now be connected.
If your computer does not successfully connect to
EECS-Secure, you may wish to check that your settings match those given in the Encryption section of our Wireless Network page.
It may also be that your wireless card doesn’t support the WPA2-Enterprise protocol, or does not work reliably with our wireless equipment. In this case, we recommend that you use the
EECS wireless networks instead. See our Wireless Network page for more information.