- How do I get an email account?
- What email programs are supported, and how do I configure them?
- How do I forward my email to another email address?
- What are the various EECS email aliases?
How do I get an email account?
New Faculty, Staff, or Researchers
The campus provides the bConnected suite of collaboration tools, which includes email, calendar and a drive to store files. See the bConnected website for details. New users can create their bConnected account there after they have activated their CalNet identity.
EECS Instructional Accounts
If you are an undergraduate student in EECS you will need to get an instructional computer account. Instructions on how to get a class account can be found here.
If you are a student, but you are not in EECS, you can get still get a Berkeley email account. To get a bMail account; see the bConnected website.
What email programs are supported, and how do I configure them?
Most people will want to use the web interface at bmail.berkeley.edu. If you want to use another mail client, you can check the campus knowledge base for articles on enabling IMAP and configuring your mail client.
How do I forward my email to another email address?
- Go to https://calmail.berkeley.edu
- Choose "Manage Your Account" from the menu on the left. You'll be authenticated via CalNet Login.
- If prompted, select the desired account to manage.
- Choose "Manage Your Redirects", select the appropriate Redirect, and update the destination as you desire.
- If you don't find your @eecs email address under Redirects, click "Manage Your Account" and choose "Forwarding" from the menu on the left. Modify your forwarding to your preference.
If you are unable to login to CalMail, or no longer have an active CalNet ID, then you may update any forwarding by sending your request to help@eecs. Your mail can be forwarded to more than one mail server at a time (so you can have multiple copies sent to multiple mail servers, if you want).
What are the various EECS email aliases?
The EECS department has a number of email aliases which can be used for administrative or technical support or to contact students, staff and/or faculty.
These aliases are for department use only. Please do not give out any of these aliases to the general public. If someone outside the department would like to send an announcement to people within the department, please have them post it to one of our newsgroups.
Note: These pages require LDAP authentication if accessed outside of the EECS network.