The IRIS Helpdesk is the central point of computer support within the department. Their office is located in 395 Cory Hall and and staffed primarily by students employed by IRIS.
If you’re having problems, feel free to contact Helpdesk by e-mail, phone, or dropping by in person.
While their primary purpose is to help you solve any computing problems you might have, the helpdesk also:
- Helps you find the right person to answer your questions if they are unable to.
- Maintains online documentation.
- Maintains a recorded message at 642-7777 in the event of any significant computing infrastructure problems.
- Keeps an inventory of software to loan out to users with full research accounts for up to one week.
- Offers certain items for sale to the IRIS community, such as network switches and ethernet cables.
It is worth noting that the helpdesk does not provide system administration support for computers. However, if you are interested in this level of support, CUSG fits the bill nicely and would be happy to discuss your needs with you.