- General Security information for Windows
- Recommended Windows Firewall Settings
- What should I do if my system is compromised?
General Security information for Windows
To keep Windows secure, and comply with Campus Minimum Security Standards, please be sure to:
- Update Windows as soon as Critical Updates are released.
- Install and run a personal firewall.
- Regularly scan for spyware (currently, we do not recommend any particular spyware removal sofware but an internet search for “free spyware removal software” will yield many results).
Please be aware that some spyware removal software install spyware themselves. Make sure to read the manual and privacy pages for spyware removal tools before using them.
Recommended Windows Firewall Settings
Please see the firewalls section of the FAQ.