Installing printers in Windows
This method may work best if your Windows machine is in the EECS Domain (Active Directory), and you have local administrative access.
- Click the Windows Button and search for “Run”. Click on “Run” to open a “run” Window.
- Type “\\print.eecs.berkeley.edu” and press OK.
- A list of all printers on the print server will appear. Scroll through and double-click on the printer you want to use, and follow the on-screen prompts to install it on your system.
Installing printers in Windows via lpd
If you run into trouble with the previous method, you can instead install printers using their lpd queue on print.eecs.
Which printers can I print to?
Reporting printing problems
IDSG does not own or maintain any of the public or private printers. IDSG only maintains the print spool servers that can be used to set up the printers.
For problems with the printers on the 2nd floor of Soda Hall, please email email@example.com – the EECS Instructional Group.
For the public printers in Soda Hall (lws384 and lws730):
- For paper/toner problems contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For other problems, contact email@example.com
Note: For problems with private printers in Soda Hall, users should contact their local system administrator.