BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
- Please make sure your system is compliant with minimum campus security standards. In particular, make sure that your system has all updates applied from Software Update.
- You will need an EECS Windows Account to follow these instructions.
- Your host does NOT need to be a member of the EECS Windows Domain to follow these instructions.
- If your host is not on the EECS production networks, you may need to use the Campus VPN Service to circumvent port blocking by the campus or your ISP, before following these directions.
CONNECTING TO A SHARE
- From the “Finder” you can connect to a server in any number of ways. Click the Go pull down menu, then click on Connect to Server… or use the Apple+k key combination to open the “Connect to Server” window.
- In the Server Address field enter an address using one of the following formats:
|Username begins with||Server Name||SMB mount|
|Project Space begins with||Server Name||SMB mount|
|Server Name||SMB mount|
Click the + button to add this entry to the “Favorite Servers” list.
- When the desired address is in the Server Address field click the Connect button.
- You may be prompted for authentication:
- For home.eecs and proj.eecs shares, authenticate with a Name of format username, where username is your EECS username (e.g. joeschmo), and use your Windows password.
- For other Windows shares, authenticate with a Name of format EECS\username, where username is your EECS username (e.g. EECS\joeschmo), and use your Windows password. After authentication, the shared resource should open in a new “Finder” window.