The Information Management Group
is a subgroup of Instructional
& Research Information Services (IRIS), the umbrella group
containing all computing support groups in the Department of Electrical
Engineering and Computer Sciences at the University of California at Berkeley.
IMG was formed in 2002 as a spinoff of the the Infrastructure Development
and Support Group (IDSG).
IMG's primary responsibilities include:
- Technical management of the Department's web server (www.eecs.berkeley.edu and www.cs.berkeley.edu), which
also hosts various research groups' web sites. This does not include the design or
management of the content of the department's official web pages, which
is handled by EECS
department staff who report to the Department's MSO.
- Management of the Department's ftp server, ftp.eecs.berkeley.edu
- Management of an Oracle database to provide a repository for
- Development of databases and web-based applications to streamline
interaction between Department members and IRIS support staff and to
improve IRIS staff productivity. Our first project in this
category was an improved network database used by IDSG for tracking of
network connections and computers. Future projects will include an
enhanced Roster database, and a unified billing system for recharge
groups within IRIS.
- Support of the Department's LDAP infrastructure, including
integration with existing databases (e.g. the Department's Roster
IMG's major accomplishments so far are listed on this page.
Last update: April 10, 2003