These instructions cover connecting a Mac to one of the EECS production wireless networks. Your host must be registered for use on the EECS production wireless network to use these instructions. Please see here for a description of coverage of the EECS production wireless network. See our Wireless Network page for a full description of our available wireless networks.
Connecting to EECS-Secure wireless network
- From the WiFi icon in the top menu bar, select the
EECS-Securenetwork. You will be prompted to enter a User Name and Password — enter your EECS username and EECS LDAP password, and click OK.
- You may receive an error message, indicating that the
EECS-Securenetwork was not successfully joined. Don’t worry if you do; just close the error message, and again select the
EECS-Securenetwork from the WiFi icon in the menu bar.
- You should receive a Verify Certificate dialog. Click Show Certificate.
- The certificate should be from clearpass.EECS.Berkeley.EDU, issued by inCommon Certification Authority (2048). Check the box Always trust these certificates and click Continue.
- Your computer should now be connected.